You can reach Kalambaka by train from Athens, Thessaloniki, Larisa, Volo, Trikala and Karditsa on a daily basis. There exists possibilities to reach Kalambaka from other cities by train also on a daily basis with O.S.E.
Time-tables available here or on phone 24320-22451.
- Trains leave Athens 3 times a day
- 4 hours and 30′ – 5 hours
- Trains leave Thessaloniki 2 times a day
- Trains leave Larissa 5 times a day
- Trains leave Trikala 6 times a day
- Trains leave Karditsa 6 times a day
Buses are united from Trikala to Kalambaka on a daily basis from Athens, Thessaloniki, Patra, Larissa, Volo, Ioannina, Arta-Preveza, Kerkira (Corfu), Trikala and Karditsa.
Time-tables available here or on phone 24320-22432.
- Buses leave Athens (7 times a day, 5 hours and 30′)
- Buses leave Thessaloniki (6 times a day, 4 hours)
- Buses leave Volos (4 times a day, 3 hours)
- Buses leave Ioannina (2 times a day, 2 hours)
- Buses leave Trikala (22 times a day, 40′)
It is possible to reach kalambaka by car:
- from Athens (by the national road Athens-Lamia).
- from Ioannina (by the national road Ioannina-Trikala or by Egnatia national road)
- from Thessaloniki (by Larissa or by Egnatia national road)
From Trikala to Kalambaka the national road is about 21 kilometers. It takes around 15 minutes to reach your destination.